- Does your child’s teacher know how to use a fire extinguisher?
- Does your child’s teacher know how to deal with a student having a seizure?
- Does your child’s teacher know what to do if a tornado arrives?
- Does your child’s teacher know what to do when the fire alarm sounds?
- Does your child’s teacher know what to do when a child doesn’t return quickly from a bathroom break?
- Does your child’s teacher know what to do when physically pushed by a student?
I’m betting he or she DOES know what to do in all of these situations — not only because most of our teachers are trained for these possibilities — but also because they are equipped for these events.
Why, then, are we still teaching our teachers that protecting our kids from violence is something that only someone outside the building should be capable of?
[Image of an Israeli teacher, judged responsible enough to carrying a firearm, and also shepherd students]
LINK: “An opinion on gun control” (LarryCorreia.wordpress.com)
LINK: “I Want You Armed.” (WeAreTheVoicesInYourHead.com)
LINK: “Texas school’s ‘Guardian Plan’ allows teachers to have guns” (News.Yahoo.com)
LINK: “Criminals Lured to “Gun-Free” School Zones” (ClashDaily.com)
LINK: “Halt the Massacre of Innocent Children by Ending Prohibition on Self-Defense in Schools” (LP.org)
LINK: “Oregon Rep. Richardson: Let Teachers Arm And Defend Themselves” (ThoughtsFromAConservativeMom.com)
LINK: “Stop school shootings by letting teachers fire back, say Texas officials” (FoxNews.com)
LINK: “EDITORIAL: Do strict Gun Control Laws prevent Tragedies?” (Guns.com)
[This image is an exaggeration — but you see the point?]